Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Still here... just busy

Hi everyone, I know it's been a long time since my last posting. I've gotta put everything on hold while I complete my second year of medical school. I did however, have the privilege to meet with Dr. James Withers of Operation Safety Net (http://www.operationsafetynet.net/), a doctor who conducts street rounds with the homeless. Check out the website!! Anyways, the research project is STILL ON, but on the shelf for a couple of more months. Darn USMLE...
BTW... thanks for the emails, please contact me if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. :)

2 comments:

ps said...

Was wondering if you're still out there? Just stumbled across the blog working on my own project. Cheers, and thanks.

DottyC said...

Yes, I'm still here... just finished Internal Medicine, and I'm now in New Iberia, LA for a couple of months to conduct my Family Medicine rotation. I did have the chance to volunteer at the St. Joseph Rebuild Center's homeless clinic. Fun stuff. As soon as school allows, I'll be back on the streets... in a good way. haha If you are in town, or interested in homelessness in New Orleans, please let me know, and I can hook you up with the folks from some of the organizations that are working out there.